New Greeting Card/Postcard

More new art...just finished this piece tonight. I really want to keep with this style--a little bit whimsical, ornamental, soft but not too soft. Can you find the whale in there?? I know it's pretty early on in bloglife to ask for comments and feedback, but if there's anyone willing to say their piece, I'd be grateful.

This is going to be a card for my new Etsy shop I'll be opening. Inside there will be a little illustration of a whale spouting water with two little people in the splash...along with the words "so glad I found you." I'm thinking of making postcards of it too, providing little envelopes to go with them. I'm excited about Etsy! And a little nervous that my crap won't sell, but definitely willing to give it a try regardless.

So, we're headed up to Atlantic City this weekend for Memorial Day, and I can't wait because it's supposed to be sunny and in the 80s. And we're catching Terminator Salvation, about which I am truly psyched. Christian Bale, homicidal cyborgs, dystopian fatalism. All-You-Can-Eat Seafood Buffet at Caesar's. Yessss. So. Awesome.

*added 6/23/09: Another submission for Illustration Friday's topic "Drifting"

7 comments:

kathy hare said...

beautiful..

Candace Trew Camling said...

this is freaking amazing! I love the way the whale is tucked in... and everything is rendered beautifully!

erin said...

this is really nice, love the whale

Coreopsis said...

I didn't see the whale at first, but then I did. I like having things hidden, but the whole thing seems very cool and fresh. I really like this style.

kris fulk said...

That is such an unbelievably cool composition. I love everything about it (colors, mood, motion - everything)!!

Unknown said...

I did not see the whale until I read what you said! It would make a very nice card. Funny cause I just made one the other day!

Mary Hall said...

Lovely!