new art

I have so new art, spawned from an old ink drawing I did, first of a couple, I think. I did the ink when Sophia Coppola's Marie Antoinette came out. I really liked the whole stylization of the film a lot...and I loved the fact that people were pissed about the pink (and decidedly anachronistic) Chuck Taylors. Psh. I'm going to put it up in my Etsy store eventually, as a print and a postcard-style note card, accompanied by a nifty envelope I just picked up from Paper Source. God, I love Paper Source.

I just finished a sketch of another Rococo girl with a wig like ocean waves, complete with schooners and galleys and other various sea craft. Also sea monster and fish! I'll probably have it done by late tomorrow. A leaves for Ethiopia at 3 o'clock tomorrow. Ahhh, Addis...I can't wait to go to Ethiopia one of these days, see where the Nile splits and the crazy cataracts begin.

1 comments:

Laura Dreyer said...

Again, this piece is wonderful! I love the stylization and blending. and I agree, Paper Source is quite amazing ;)