Strange Dreams and Butterflies

Dude, I had a waking dream this morning. A was getting ready for work, and I was lying in bed with Juno talking to him with my eyes closed. He disappeared to trim his beard, and just before I nodded off, I had this flash of a silhouetted hand grabbing my mouth. I could tell I was about to nod off because I nearly screamed to consciousness. And in the flash I wasn't looking at myself being grabbed, a hand just locked over my mouth, and it sounded as if cymbals were being crashed.

Since I have no way to manipulate my photos or scans, I have a few posts sitting tight on my dashboard because all the text has to do with the images, ha. I HAVE NEW ARTWORK YAY! But you can't see it because my Photoshop cut out on me. But I can post this:

This is a plate from Tabulae sceleti et musculorum corporis humani by Bernard Siegfried Albinus (1747), drawn by Jan Wandelaar. When we visited the Mutter Museum in Philly, I took home this postcard. The original is part of the collection at the College of Physicians of Philadelphia.

All of the butterflies in our butterfly bungalow emerged...I was surprised. The kit we used had about five chrysalises, and when we took them out of the container, they started shimmying and shaking and wiggling. I'd never seen that before...and the shells looked really viscous and gooey. Nobody would touch them (they were too squirmy and alien), so I volunteered to transfer and attach them to the inside of the tent with safety pins. We had two containers, so now we have ten little fluttering Painted Ladies.



0 comments: